Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quarter 1 Summary

With the first quarter ending Friday, it is a good time to look back on all the blogs I've written these past weeks. From Summer of the Gods to War of the Worlds, my reading has been varied and mostly challenging. Looking at the topics of the books, I have read a fair amount of non-fiction and historically themed books. The experience of blogging has been interesting. Previously, I had not been used to writing more than a couple of sentences at most about what I had been reading independently. However, I have enjoyed writing more about my books, because it allows me to express connections and thoughts I may have had about the book, but had not written down previously. While War of the Worlds is relatively easy to analyze and write about, I anticipate challenges down the roads with the other books, and I welcome those challenges.
In the second quarter, I would like to gain a greater understanding of my books through blogging. As I said before, blogging helps me by allowing me to get my thoughts onto paper (or the Internet, whatever). In the next quarter, I'd like to not only spill out my thoughts, but also arrange them and collect them into more polished writing pieces. So far, I've been interested in all of the books I've blogged about, and I'd like to continue my interest in the second quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment